3 Year course – CSFP (HIGHER EDUCATION VOCATIONAL TRAINING CERTIFICATE)
MJM 3D PRODUCTION SCHOOL OF PARIS, NANTES, RENNES & STRASBOURG – FRANCE
INTRODUCTION TO THE PROFESSION
The course in 3D Production allows students to acquire professional expertise through the study of all the most advanced techniques in the design and animation of synthetic images (3D), whether this is for animated films, special effects, TV or the creation of characters and settings for video games. The evolution of digital technologies has revolutionised the entertainment and performance sectors. Animation, video games, cinema, advertising… 3D synthetic images invade our daily visual. Animated cinematic production has experienced considerable progress in recent years.
The course in 3D Production allows students to acquire professional expertise through the study of all the most advanced techniques in the design and animation of synthetic images (3D), whether this is for animated films, special effects, TV or the creation of characters and settings for video games.
The course gives access to a wide range of different jobs in all fields that use synthetic images and 3D:
Cinema & video games (3D modeller, 3D animator, 3d production), character designer, storyboarder, layout/previsualisation graphic designer, lighting graphic designer, architectural visualisation,
product visualisation and prototyping, artistic director, 2D/3D texture graphic designer, 3D advertising illustrator, etc.
Demo reel, end of course short film and professional portfolio.
Each year of the course gives students the opportunity to build a genuine passport to employment, through work that is completed and presented in a rigorous professional format.
Within the field of 3D, this work includes:
• The demo reel: this gives students an opportunity to show off their expertise to companies by combining their designs, 3D models and animations as part of a sequence.
• The end of course short film:
this is the culmination of the student’s expertise.
This film, lasting just a few minutes and produced during the 3rd year, is a demonstration of the student’s creative ability and technical expertise as part of a team. The demo reel and the short film are presented in HD1080 format, the new professional standard for the video industry.
• The professional portfolio: this is a professional portfolio containing a selection of the best 2D work (drawings, paintings, digital designs) that the student has produced during the course.
• History of art
• Drawing techniques (live model, perspective, art of colour, typography)
• Classic modelling (clay or plastiline)
• 2D digital design
• Applied arts and visual design
• Film analysis
• 3D modelling
• 3D texture
• Basic 3D lighting (Scanline)
• 2D animation (introduction)
• 3D animation
• Drawing techniques (character design, storyboard)
• Advanced 3D modelling
• Texture mapping
• 3D animation (body mechanics/acting )
• Professional lighting (global illumination, realistic materials)
• Writing and scripts
• Simulation (fabrics, particles, fluid, fire…)
• Theory of video games
• Game concept, game design, gameplay
• History of the video game
• Video game analysis
• Digital compositing and editing
• Bodily expression and acting
• Architectural/product modelling
• Drawing techniques (colour script, storyboard, etc.)
• 3D modelling with new technology: Ultra high resolution
• 3D texture with new technology: next generation/normal mapping
• Advanced rigging, scripting
• Real-time modelling techniques
• Real-time texture technique (Shader)
• Advanced animation (LipSync – synchronising dialogues)
• Sound design
• Layout 3d production
• 2D animation
• Digital matte painting
• Movement capture editing (MoCap)
3d production – At the end of the course and after satisfying a panel of professionals, depending on their training, the student will be awarded: a CSFP (Certificat Supérieur de Formation Professionnelle [Higher Education Vocational Training Certificate]) or a CERTIFICATION registered with the RNCP.
Currently, courses in Advertising Graphic Design, Infographics, Web Design, Fashion Design/Pattern Making and Interior Architecture are registered with the RNCP (Registre National de Certification Professionnelle [National Register of Vocational Certifications]).
Finally, our institution has been awarded the OPQF (Organisme Professionnel de Qualification des organismes de Formation [Professional Qualifying Body of Training Institutes]) qualification which attests to the quality of the training.
MJM Graphic Design is a 3D production school in France. You can apply for follow the 3d production program in Paris, Nantes, Rennes & Strasbourg. You will become Graphist and animator 3d and make your passion your profession !